Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Photo Request!

Hello ALL!

I got a photo request from a reader wanting to know what the Velov looks like. So, I took a pic with my phone on the way to the movies with Ryan this afternoon. As you can see, the bikes are tethered to the ground upright by a post. Inside this post is a mechanical lock. Over to the right of the pic is the renting station. You can either use your bank card to secure a bike (it's like 1 Euro a day or 3 Euros a week) OR, you can sign up on line to have a Velov card (free, other than the normal 150 Euro deposit which they only take out of your account if you damage or lose the bike). On the other side of this particular renting station (but not ALL stations) is a speedy card reader upon which you pass your card and type in a code. You get the bike for free for the first half hour and it's like .50 Euro Cents for every hour after that... or something. I don't know because it never takes me longer than half an hour to get anywhere and even if I did have to pay, a bus ticket costs me .88 Euro cents, so the Velov would be cheaper (and definitely healthier, *grin*).

My ONLY complaint so far is that there's no where to put a kid. I'd have loved to put Ryan on there and take him to the movies with me, but I was too chicken to put him on the handle bars. He's VERY accident prone and I didn't want to take the chance. And then, well, there's that story about ME falling on one the other day *eye roll* And it would be my bad luck that I'd have Ryan on there, helmetless, and have some kind of accident, huh?

Anywhoo, here's the pic:


By the way, I do that, you know? If you have any photo or information requests, I take those. Any questions or anything like that. Just let me know. Also, if you'll notice, I've added a thingy at the bottom of the blog that lets you track what I'm reading (I'm not doing reviews just now, but if I do, you'll have to find those on one of my other blogs)--both book and blog. If you have suggestions for that, just let me know.

Have a great night!

2 comments:

Erica said...

I was going to ask about reading- really! Actually I was going to ask if you read any food books because I was reading a review about In Defense of Food and The Omnivores Dilemma

Unknown said...

This is so cool! I wish we had them here!