Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Not to Jinx It, But...

I heard from the AMD/JMC (for you newcomers, that means, the Agent of My Dreams and his assistant JMC) last night.

In short, he said... "Maybe."

I mean, he didn't really say that, but that's what I got.

What he said was that he was a quarter way through the book, that it didn't grab him like my fiction did, that the first scene was "fantastically written", that the rest of the book needed to be more like the first scene (to read more like a novel in that the voice needed to be less "chronologically distant") and that all of this would involve a "significant rewrite."

excuse me when I say.... WOOOOO fucking HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

"fantastically written" and "significant rewrite"??? I can only interpret those phrases as "you are talented" and "let's shape this up together"... Sweet music to my ears. I already have my sleeves rolled up waiting for more guidance...

And all at perfect timing as the kids are about to go back to school... I'll have my days free (except Wednesday) to work all day!!!!

Okay, now I have to go throw up.

Keep your fingers crossed. We're not through the woods yet.

No comments: